It has been a while.
Things have been a bit a busy lately, and I have to admit, I haven't had much to say. And anything I did have to say, I felt like had already been said somewhere else on the internet. This is probably still true. Nonetheless, here I am. I am going to try a little harder. :)
I saw a version of this recipe on The Kitchn. I ended up not really having all the ingredients so I played with the idea and came up with a really good one bowl dinner. It is mild enough for all family members to enjoy - big and small - but really rich in flavor. The best part is that it came together in about 20 minutes. Peeling and cooking the sweet potato took the longest.
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
1 teaspoon mild curry powder
1 inch of fresh ginger, chopped fine
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 large sweet tater, peeled and chopped into one inch pieces
1 can of chickpeas, drained
1 can coconut milk
a few handfuls of fresh spinach or frozen spinach
handful of chopped cilantro
salt, pepper and a squirt of siracha (or any hot sauce)
1. In a large pan heat the oil over medium heat. Add garlic, curry powder, ginger, and onion and cook until the onion starts to get soft.
2. Add sweet potato and a 1/2 cup water. Cover pan and cook about 10 minutes until sweet potato is soft.
3. Add the chick peas, coconut milk, spinach and cilantro. Cook until heated through.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with a squirt of siracha or hot sauce on top.