Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 26: Fall/ Winter Fruit

Today I am thankful for the bounty of Fall and Winter fruits!

When the days get dark and stormy around here I take comfort in knowing that it the warmer climates the trees are beginning to explode with citrus! I have never met an orange, lemon, grapefruit, lime, etc that I didn't like. The sharp tangy fruit and bright smell always cheer me up.

Closer to home, the persimmons are ripening. Have you ever seen a persimmon tree when the fruit is ripe? The branches are bare of leaves but hang with bright orange globes. It is as if Mother Nature decorated for the holidays. The fuyu persimmon is my favorite, which tastes (to me) like a spiced apple. 

Here are a few recipes to help you enjoy the fruit.
Arugula salad with orange miso dressing
Lime and Ginger Salmon
Four flavors coleslaw
Beet Tabouli Salad
Pork with apple salsa
Persimmon galette

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment