Saturday, April 16, 2011

Peanut Butter Popcorn

I am home sick in bed.  No sleep and a reintroduction to elementary school germs has gotten me and isn't letting go easily! I remember my first year teaching, I was sick all the time. I thought that after 8 years my immunity was up. I guess taking maternity leave + summer vacation + last Spring off from school made my body misplace all those antibodies.

When I was a first year teacher I considered a bowl of popcorn and a glass of wine a complete meal. When I started catching each cold that zipped through the school an older teacher recommended I add more protein to my diet to boost my immunity. I started adding peanut butter to my popcorn.

Today, as I am quarantined from my baby and hubby I am watching Downton Abby and eating peanut butter popcorn. At least I can share with Doug!

Peanut Butter Popcorn
4-6 cups popcorn (air, microwaved, what have you)
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Optional: Handful of salted peanuts and/or raisins
1. In a small bowl microwave peanut butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon with 2 tablespoons of water for 30 seconds.
2. In a huge bowl toss popcorn with peanut butter mixture. Toss in peanuts and/or raisins.

Eat while watching TV. After your chicken soup, of course.

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a great idea!! I can't wait to share this one with my hubby, he'll go crazy over it :) Hope you feel better soon Farmer Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great after school snack. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete