Friday, May 14, 2010

Guest Blogger: Kahlua Cake from Musings by Jacquelyn

I am so happy to be able to feature Jacquelyn from Musings with Jacquelyn. Her blog is a fabulous mix of fashion, family and feminism. My kind of read. She has generously decided to share her kahlua cake recipe with Farmer Jo readers.
I am still working on getting back into the kitchen. Until then, try out this delicious cake!
***********************************************************************************

I first made this on a whim, about eleven years ago. I had a bottle of kahlua and it was starting to get old, so I needed to finish it off. My then-boyfriend at the time suggested we try and find a recipe for Kahlua cake. We found this one, then went to the store to buy a bundt pan. That boyfriend is now my husband, and we make this cake a few times a year. I have no idea where the original recipe came from except "online somewhere".



Once cooled gently flip pan and gently work the cake out. If desired sprinkle the top with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh mint (hopefully from your garden!) and berries. This cake also tastes yummy with a dollop of whipped cream on top.



Cake can be served at room temperature, but really, really tastes great chilled from the refrigerator. 

Since I have a young child I make her a mini-cake in her very own miniature bundt pan (purchased from Ikea). You can also make this in a muffin pan, and I also have a pan that is all mini-bundts that works great, too.
 
This cake is beyond easy to make. You need one bowl, minimal ingredients, no mixer, and a bundt pan.
Kahlua Cake
1 box chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
16 oz sour cream (full fat, light, non-fat, it makes no difference)
1/2 cup Kahlua
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat the oven to 350. 
2. Either use a flour-based spray on the bundt pan or butter and flours the pan. 
3. Mix all the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl, using a regular-sized serving spoon. 
4. Once fully mixed pour into bundt pan. 
5. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.




1 comment:

  1. I'm game for anything with chocolate cake mix. ANYTHING. Really.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete