Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 4: My Job


I am thankful for my job.

I know they are few and far between these days, particularly for teachers. I am lucky enough to not only have a job, but have a job I love.

Teaching is a tough career but also so rewarding. My students amaze me each day, as do my coworkers. The state of Oregon's schools are abismal these days. Last year we saw massive teacher lay-offs. This year schools are struggling to meet each student's need in huge classrooms and less resources. Yet you can walk into almost any classroom and wouldn't know it. Teachers are giving all (plus any reserve) of their energy and creativity. Students are flourishing*. Most kids, other than having less elbow room, may not even realize what a tough year this has been.


Do you love your job? What are you thankful for today?

*I am basing this on my person observations within the schools I have visited. I obviously can't comment on each school and student.

1 comment:

  1. I love what I'm doing in my job. Certainly there are challenges, as there are everywhere, but I feel very fortunate to have landed in a role that's an excellent fit for my skills and my personality. I'm thankful for that!

    ReplyDelete