Monday, January 10, 2011

Duck Dip


I am still here, and still sorta cooking but have a new helper who makes cooking far more complicated than before.


Now I try to cobble meals together with one hand or during L's 20 minute naps. I am working on more posts, but I am much slower now. (Seriously, when do the long naps come into play?) I am loving my new job as a mom. L is a wonderful little boy and has brought sunshine to the whole family. He has just started smiling!

You may not know it if you are not in Oregon, but the Oregon Ducks have made it to the ultimate college football championships. Duck frenzy has taken over the city! Justin has been excited about this for weeks, eagerly awaiting the game, which is TONIGHT! (I am a Willamette Bearcat... but I am excited to see a local team do well anyway.)

This is the perfect dip for scooping while watching the football game. It is low-fat, so perfect for after the holiday rush (although eating it with chips probably negates the calorie save.) The best part is that it is Duck colors, green and yellow! Corn, green chilies and cream cheese all melted together. It is  a little spicy and very tasty. I first had this dip at a party in Arizona with some of my Mother-in-Law's friends and have made it regularly ever since.


And the best part, you can make it practically one-handed! :)

Duck Dip
2 cans yellow corn, drained
2 cans diced green chiles (as spicy, or not as you want)
2 bricks of lowfat cream cheese
salt, pepper and a sprinkle of cayenne powder

1. In a microwavable bowl mix corn, chiles and cream cheese. Microwave 3-5 minutes. Stir. Continue heating and stirring until combined.
2. Taste and add salt, pepper and cayenne powder as needed.

Serve with chips (or over a baked potato!)

Go Ducks!

1 comment:

  1. GO DUCKS!!!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete