Sunday, February 28, 2010

Squid Dreams

 Image from HowStuffWorks.com

I want to venture into the world of cooking squid. I adore squid but I am terrified at the prospect of cooking it.

Whenever I go to a restaurant, if I see squid on the menu I have to try it. If you also love it and are in search of a squid fix my favorite places in Portland are Thien Hong for truely addicting salt and pepper squid, Toro Bravo serves squid in a spicy tomato sauce, and Eleni's Greek restaurant for grilled squid.


Last summer, while traveling in Thailand we enjoyed grilled squid on a regular basic. The dish above came with a lime and chile dipping sauce which was to die for. I have no idea how to replicate it.

Where do you buy squid? I bought it frozen once and it was like stinky rubber. I have never seen it fresh at a grocery store.
Is it difficult to prepare for cooking? How do you clean it? What is your favorite way to eat squid?

I haven't been cooking too many interesting things lately due to a crazy schedule, but don't worry, more recipes are in the pipelines. Justin and I celebrated the 5th anniversary of our first date with a night out at Navarre.  It was the scene of our first date, a perfect place for two foodies to start to fall in love. Our meal last night was truely inspirational and I have a kitchen full of food ready to be puttered with!

Practically One Year Ago: Orange- Anise Sweet Rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment