Thursday, January 7, 2010

Quick Caramel Pudding

I was looking over my favorite foodie blogs (you know, other then my own! :) ) and came across Smitten Kitchen's caramel pudding. I immediately thought of the almost full jar of homemade caramel sauce sitting in my fridge. My future sister-in-law was coming over for dinner so I wanted to make a fun dessert to complete the evening. I thought I would use the caramel sauce as a base to the pudding.

If you have homemade or jarred caramel you can made a hot pudding in about 5 minutes. No Joke!

(We ate it all before I took any pictures!)
Almost Instant Caramel Pudding
3/4 cup caramel sauce
2 cups Milk
3 tablespoons corn starch
1 -3 teaspoons salt (if you like salty caramel go for 3!)

1. Mix 2 cups of cold milk with the corn starch.
2. In a medium sauce pan melt caramel sauce. Pour in milk and corn starch mix. Whisk continuously until begins to simmer. The pudding will thicken.
3. Add salt to flavor.

Serve immediately, or if you like it cold, cover pudding with plastic wrap if you don't like pudding skin.
EDITED TO ADD: The pudding is even better cold! The caramel flavor just shines. Add a sprinkle of kosher salt and becomes even more caramely. I swear!

1 comment:

  1. Jo, this sounds wonderful. I do our puddings from scratch. This one is being added to my files.

    ReplyDelete