Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Opening Day for BBQ Season


During the summer months we do most of our cooking over a charcoal BBQ. This week was wonderfully warm. I spent Saturday cleaning up our deck and preparing our outdoor living room (aka the deck furniture). I even found an old tablecloth to dress it up a bit.

By Monday everything was ready to go. We use charcoal, which takes a while to warm up and can cook for a few hours. We plan a few meals worth of cooking on a BBQ night. Monday night we had chicken thighs, sweet potatoes, onions, and a lovely piece of tuna all ready for the grill.

As soon as the coals were ready we threw on the tuna steak, which had been brushed with soy sauce. 5 minutes later the steak was removed and everything else tucked onto the grill. While we enjoyed a perfect summer dinner Tuesday and Wednesday's lunch and dinner was grilling up.

The tuna was served up with a bowl of rice, sliced cucumber which had been sprinkled with rice vinegar, pickled ginger and some soy for dipping. It was fabulous! :) (Yes, I have all that in my pantry... I have a condiment shopping issue)

Stay tuned for lunch!

2 comments:

  1. Never mined the stay tuned business. I'm an I'll be by kind of gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bring some rabbit and we can grill it up! :)

    ReplyDelete